Elizabeth Park, Hartford CT

Born of the American Park Movement, Elizabeth Park was officially opened to the public in 1897. Encompassing 101 acres, both West Hartford and Hartford share this treasure that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The property originally owned by Charles and Elizabeth Aldrich Pond was gifted to the City of Hartford upon Charles Pond's death. ย He requested that the park be named